Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Gifts

Ever since we put the tree up and lined the gifts up underneath, Kimmie has been going in the living room, sitting and pointing to them. She tells us, "Open presents."

We have told her we will open them on December 24, Christmas Eve. Every time she tells us it is time to open the presents, we ask her, “When are we going to open the presents?”

She replies, “Twenty-four.”

Bethany asked her one day who those presents are for. Kimmie answered, “Kimmie.”

Bethany asked her if they were all for Kimmie. Kimmie answered, “Yes!”

I asked her the next day, “Whose gifts are those?”

Kimmie answered, “Kimmie.”

I asked her, “Who else?”

She answered, “Mommy.”

“Who else?”

“Daddy.”

“Who else?”

“Reed.”

“Who else?”

“Bethany.”

I stopped there. I thought that was good enough, just needed to make sure she knew they were not all for her.

Another day she was sitting next to the tree pointing at a gift. I asked her who that gift was for. “Kimmie.”

I turned the tag over and looked. I told her it was for Bethany. That made Kimmie mad. I pointed to another tag. That one was for Daddy. That didn’t make her any happier. Then I found a couple with her name on them. She still wasn’t too happy, but I wasn’t going to go around the whole tree.

Three more days to wait . . . .

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment