Friday, November 11, 2011

Folding

I have some new fabric. As I always do with new quilting fabric, I washed it. One of the pieces of fabric was a Pooh Bear flannel that Kimmie spotted at the store and just had to have. She had been playing with it, but I grabbed it and tossed it in the washer with the rest of the fabric I was washing. When I took the fabric out of the dryer, I put it on the couch. We were getting ready to eat supper, so I waited to fold it.

After supper I started folding the fabric. Kimmie was still sitting at the table finishing her supper. She was watching me fold. I noticed that she had managed to pull the Pooh fabric and another one out of the pile before supper.

When I finished with my pile, I picked up the piece she had pulled out with the Pooh fabric. She started fussing at me and I told her it was my piece of fabric and the Pooh one was hers.

I walked into the kitchen and she jumped up from her chair, rushed into the family room, grabbed her Pooh fabric, and promptly folded it up. I stood and watched her and was amazed at how well she did folding it.

I decided we need to put her to work folding towels!

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment