Monday, February 27, 2012

Little Sneak

One day last year, during the time when I was taking Kimmie to school, I was getting our coats out of the closet and Kimmie was wandering around looking at her toys, or so I thought.

We put our coats on, gathered her backpack and headed to the car. After we arrived at school and were walking to her classroom, Kimmie was messing with her pants pocket. She would stop walking and stick her hand in her pocket. I was trying to figure out what the problem was, why she kept stopping. Suddenly I realized that her pocket was bulging. Yep, while I was getting our coats, she was stuffing her pocket full of shoestrings! About the time I saw that she had a full pocket, she reached in and pulled them all out.

Her teacher was standing in the hall watching us. I took the shoestrings and was showing them to her and laughing. Now the dilema. Do I take them home with me and upset Kimmie? Do I give them back to her? Will that cause issues? The resolution. Her teacher took the shoestrings and kept them as a reward if she did her work. Kimmie seemed to be happy with that. Whew!

The shoestrings came home with her. The next day she had on a sweatshirt with a pocket in the front. The perfect place to store those shoestrings! Day three, she was done with the shoestrings. One of her little pandas went in her sweatshirt pocket and that panda is still going back and forth to school with her every day.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment