Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

A while back Kimmie took a liking to the Scooby-Doo series “A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.” She picked out one of the DVDs and carried it home. She loves to carry this DVD box around, point at Shaggy and sign, “boy Shaggy.” She loves it so much that we bought a couple more of the DVDs.

A few weeks later I was at Target with her. We were looking through the movies and she picked this “Pup Named Scooby-Doo” one. I looked at the box, decided we didn’t already have it, and so I let her buy it along with a new pair of shoestrings.

On the way home Kimmie was working on opening her new pair of shoestrings and didn’t get around to opening her new movie. When we arrived home, I looked in the DVD cabinet to make sure we didn’t already have this movie . . . well, there it was. We already had it. I quickly pulled out the movie from our cabinet, gave it to Kimmie, and hid the new one so I could return it to the store.

The next week, Dad took Kimmie shopping with him. When he came home with her, he reached in a bag and pulled out a new movie he had let her buy. He says, “We don’t have this one do we?” It was the same “Pup Named Scooby-Doo” movie, in the red box, that I had just returned to the store two days earlier! Bethany and I immediately said, “Yes, we have that one.” Again we gave Kimmie our movie, so we could return the unopened one.

I hope the store doesn’t have some way of tracking WHO buys and returns items, because I’m sure they would think we were crazy to be buying and returning the exact same movie multiple times in a two week period.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment