Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bathtime

I was giving Kimmie a bath the other night. While I was shampooing, and soaping and rinsing her, she was singing. She was probably singing to herself, not to me.

First she sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Next she sang Away in a Manger.

Then I believe, from the signs I saw, that she was signing a song we used to sing many years ago. It was a Sesame Street song. I think Ernie sang it. Some of the words were, "Oh I'd like to visit the moon . . ." The second verse was about visiting the sea, "I'd go for a day, if I had my wish, but there's not much to do when your friends are all fish."

The last song she sang was from a music video, from many years ago. The music video featured deaf children. In the last song they were signing about giving God's love away. Kimmie was signing that part and doing the motions they did that represented giving God's love away. I wonder who she was giving the love to.

Sweet child, impressive memory.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment