Saturday, April 10, 2010

Invisibility cloak

Kimmie has been doing a little routine at bath time. She is never eager to leave her toys for a bath, and had usually fussed at us for interrupting.

One evening she was a bit happier than usual, and she started giggling as we went upstairs. She sat down, still giggling, while I went into her room to get fresh pajamas. She giggled even harder while I was gone, so I knew she was up to something.

When I walked back in the bathroom, she had gotten a washcloth from a drawer and spread it over her head. She laughed out loud, and ducked her head in that way that always means "you can't see me".

She did this more often, now it is almost every bath time. And she usually picks a blue or aqua washcloth.

We asked her tonight if she is invisible when she has the washcloth over her head. She looked a little confused, and then signed"yes". But her giggle will always give her away.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment