Monday, November 17, 2008

Sitting at Mommy's Feet

Kimmie is a bit of a Mommy's girl. When she was a baby, she would get fussy and, often, all she needed was for me to sit down and hold her for a while. Sometimes when she gets grumpy now, we think she just needs some time with Mommy.

One of the things she will do when I am in the family room is to pick up her toys, carry them over, and sit down at my feet. Sometimes she gets more toys and brings them over. She can create quite a pile and then sits there on the floor, at Mommy's feet, playing and telling me all that she is pretending.

When I sat down at the computer tonight, she came and sat at my feet. That's what prompted me to write about this today.

When I sit on the couch, sometimes she sits at my feet and other times she sits next to me. When she sits next to me, she will slide over until she is right up against me.

It is a reminder to me that sometimes I need to put the work and chores aside and simply "be" with Kimmie.

--Mom

Just for everyone to know -- Kimmie only does this with Mommy. She likes for someone to be around, but she likes Mommy best.

-- Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment