Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Girl

My girl has taken being a Mommy's girl to new heights this past year. It has been like having a 20-year-old toddler. Over the past year she has taken to crying when I leave her.

She has cried at school when I have been there and left her.

She has cried when the school bus pulls away from the house.

She has cried at church when I have left her.

And, sometimes, she even cries at home when I leave her.

It is like toddlers often do; however, a toddler can be picked up and comforted, not always successfully, but comforted none the less. A 20-year-old . . . not so much.

One Sunday as I sat in my Bible study class two rooms down from hers I heard her fussing. As I listened it stopped. I waited. Then I heard her fussing again, but it stopped. I waited. I thought the folks in her class must be handling her ok that day. I heard her again. Finally I decided to go see if they were ok or needed help.

Our little "smarty pants" was fussing and then watching the door to see if I would come. She would wait, if I didn't come, she would fuss some more and watch. When I peeked in the door, she saw me and started giggling. Such a little rascal!

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment