Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cap and Gown

Today was graduation day.

From the time she brought them home, Kimmie didn't really want to have anything to do with her cap and gown.

As I took her to line up, I carried them, planning to put them on her when we arrived. I thought that seeing her classmates in theirs would make her want to wear hers. Well, that wasn't the case. I put it on her and zipped it up. She unzipped it. I zipped it. She unzipped it. Then they appeared with the stoll(?). (The collar thing they wear with the school crest.) We popped that over her head. Off it came followed by unzipping the gown. After several attempts we were finally able to distract her with the gown zipped and the stoll on.

The hat was another story. I guess they are one size fits all except Kimmie. It was so big there was no way it would stay on even if she wanted it to.

Kimmie did wonderful during the ceremony, but as soon as they paraded out she wanted everything off. The stoll, the gown . . . and, by the way, where is Bethany! Bethany was there to watch her, but Kimmie is still mad at Bethany.

When we found her after the ceremony, Kimmie was mad, but once we arrived she decided to be a little fashion queen. She wanted the gown back on and sort of cooperated for some pictures.

She must have decided that she should wear that gown to make sure everyone knew she graduated. She wore it to lunch. She wore it to Bethany's graduation, and she didn't take it off until we were back home again. I guess she wanted to make sure everyone at Bethany's graduation knew that she graduated, too.

We were just fine with that cause she sure was cute. And she was good through Bethany's whole ceremony. No one had to take her out and miss anything.

Great day!

--Mom

1 comment:

  1. I always forget that Kimmie and I share a birthday. I nee to get better at remembering these things. Both girls looked beautiful in the FB pictures I k ow you guys are super proud.

    ReplyDelete