Sunday, March 25, 2012

Panda Store

This past November Dad, Kimmie and I went on a trip to Florida to the beach. On our way home from Florida we made plans to stop at the zoo in Atlanta to see their panda bears. Kimmie was very excited about this.

We were able to see two adult pandas and a mother panda with a one year old baby. It was very cool. The baby was cute waddling around and working at climbing.

The panda exhibit is very cleverly laid out so that you cannot get in or out without passing the panda store. (They must have taken some cues from Disney.) Kimmie was overjoyed by the shelves of stuffed pandas. Dad was more panic stricken as he carefully manuevered her wheelchair just out of reach of the pandas so they didn't all end up on the floor.

I was more like Kimmie, I was in heaven thinking "Christmas presents!" They had panda t-shirts, panda DVDs, panda books, panda puzzles, panda mugs, panda key chains, panda playing cards . . .

We let Kimmie pick out a stuffed panda and I picked out a t-shirt for her. Then Dad took her out while I did the Christmas shopping. I made a big dent in my Christmas shopping for Kimmie that day . . . a panda t-shirt, a panda DVD, a panda book, a panda puzzle, a panda mug and panda playing cards. It was a gold mine!

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment