Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tree

Well, we finally have our Christmas tree up. Whew!

I was going to put it up last weekend. I asked Kimmie if I should put the Christmas tree up. She said yes. I told her there would not be any gifts under it yet, would it still be ok to put up the tree, if there are no gifts? "No."

It upsets Kimmie if there are no gifts under the tree. So, last weekend, I wrapped instead of putting the tree up. For a week we have had a pile of gifts in the corner. Kimmie has checked on them regularly to make sure they are still there. (While I was wrapping, she showed me the Winnie the Pooh paper I was to use to wrap hers.)

Yesterday, we finally had time to put the tree up. Kimmie was all smiles and especially liked seeing the gifts under it. She checked on our progress regularly. Tree. Tree with gifts under it. Tree with lights. And, eventually, tree with lights and ornaments! She was very happy. She still checks regularly to make sure the gifts are there.

Oh, and the stockings are up, too. That made her happy. I even put gifts in them. We'll see if they last until Christmas. One year we found her sitting with a gift from her stocking in front of her. She had not opened it. She just had it out and sat there looking at it.

Bethany is counting down with Kimmie each day. The math is a little too much for Kimmie, but she knows Christmas is 25, and she knows today is 12.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment