Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dresses and Tags

We took Kimmie shopping for new dresses a couple days ago.

Always a fun experience. You see Kimmie cannot stand to try on clothes that still have the tags hanging from the little plastic cord.

I think we tried about 8 dresses on her. It was loads of fun. Every dress had lots of little fabric buttons up the back, all buttoned on the hanger. Since the buttons are fabric they don't slide easily through the button holes. Before I can put the dress on her I have to unbutton all these buttons. Then pop the dress over her head. As soon as it hits her shoulders, she is trying to yank it off, while I am trying to button all these little buttons. Like I said, it was loads of fun.

Then to unbutton the buttons . . . off with the dress . . . toss it and a hanger over the door at Dad . . . then to unbutton a bunch more buttons on the next dress. While I'm doing that, Kimmie is putting her play clothes back on. Once I get the buttons undone, I have to take her play clothes off to put the next dress on . . . and it all starts over again . . . the dress hits her shoulders . . . she's trying to get it off . . . I'm trying to button the buttons . . . . .

Oh, and during all this there is the screaming. Wonder how far and wide her screams could be heard? Wonder what that store clerk thought!

(Dad read this and said the screaming didn't sound that bad outside the dressing area. I guess it sounded bad to me since it was pretty much in my ear and inside a small area.)

Once the tags are off, she wears the dresses fine.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment