Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Missing Turquoise Socks

It occurred to me a couple weeks ago that we had not seen the beloved turquoise socks for a while. I wondered what had become of them. I thought that one of the kids might have carried her clean laundry up with the socks tucked in between. I made a mental note to go through Kimmie's clothes looking for the socks.

It's a little thing, but something that brings her joy. So much of what makes her happy is simple little things.

Before I went through all her clothes we discovered a couple pair of socks behind her bed. And one was the turquise pair she loves so much.

The socks went into the laundry and as soon as they were clean again they went on her feet. She had been searching for them in her drawer off and on during the time they went missing.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment