Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Child Care Part 2: Kimmie's Calling

As I have searched for child care for Kimmie, I often find myself griping to Dad about how I hate leaving her with strangers. I never know if they are going to fall in love with her or if they are going to consider her to be a nuisance and problem. Will they help her with lunch? Will they help her use the restroom? Which leads me to a whole other area of concern related to lack of privacy with a new set of caregivers tending to Kimmie.

The last time I was fuming about this, Dad turned to me and pointed out that it was also a new set of people who will be touched by Kimmie. I had to stop and think about this. I had not ever given any thought to what God's purpose and calling for her life might be. I had not thought about God having a purpose or calling for her life outside of her impact on us.

It's something to remember. Either through a care program or through taking her out to other activities, it's important that she has the opportunity to share her love, her hugs, her laughter and her joy with people, whether they be family, friends or strangers.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment